How to Clean your Makeup Brushes
Posted on May 03 2019
How to Clean your Makeup Brushes?
Ask any MUA (Make Up Artist) and they will tell you, many of their favourite and most loved Crownbrush Makeup Brushes are years old.
How do they keep them in such good shape? It’s super easy to ensure you have the cleanest make up brushes around, germ free and hygienic is ALWAYS in fashion!!
Make up Brushes regardless of the type of hair are designed to be cared for in a specific way, and with a little love and a few handy tips you can crack out the Crownbrush Brush Cleaner and restore your brushes to their original fluffy perfection.
Over the years, the Crownbrush team really have heard it all, and I mean it ALL when it comes to brush cleaning habits, from taking them in the shower with you to wash them (please don’t) putting them into the washing machine (yes really) to the old favourite of baby shampoo, everyone has their own way, but here is a guide to how to get the most out of your Crownbrushes.
- With the first 2/3 uses of a Make Up Brush there maybe a few hairs which are lost, this is inevitable with the manufacturing process.
- We always recommend a spritz with Crown Brushes bestselling Brush Cleaner before first use. By spritz we mean spraying onto the hairs and wiping back and forth on a clean dry cloth or kitchen towel is ideal for this. This just ensures your brush is hygienically clean.
- Please never, and we mean EVER submerge your brushes in liquid!! It’s the biggest brush killer (sad face) The list of damage this does to the brushes is endless but includes eroding the glue holding the brush head in place, wood in the handle will also swell when wet causing the head to come loose and the paint to chip off.
It’s good to get into the habit of cleaning your brushes regularly and a deep clean once a month is highly recommended. Unless of course you are using on clients then cleaning in-between each client is ESSENTIAL.
Monthly Deep Clean
Put some time aside, pop on a movie or podcast and let’s get cleaning (is there anything more satisfying)
What you will need:
Crown Brushes Brush Cleaner
- Line your brushes out on a flat surface, unscrew the lid of your Brush Cleaner and decant a little into the small bowl, add a small amount of warm water to the medium bowl, remembering all the time that we are NEVER going to fully submerge the head into this liquid, just the hair part of the brush.
- Holding your brush by the handle, dip the brush into the Brush Cleaner and Swirl around, you will instantly see the Brush Cleaner removing all traces of Make Up, Dirt, Grime and Bacteria from the make up brush.
- Dip into the warm water, and then gently blot using the towel.
- Restore the hairs to the original shape with your hands and then lie on a flat surface to dry.
- Replace the Brush Cleaner and Warm Water as the liquid in the bowls get dirty.
- Always dry your brushes flat, this avoids liquid seeping into the brush head and handle
- For brushes used with liquid make up products you may need to repeat stage 2 & 3 to ensure they are completely clean.
How to Clean your Makeup Brushes? We hope our hints and tips have helped you.